Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A place to chat about my Sims3 Worlds.


I have been making objects for Sims 1 for 13 years. I tried Sims 2 and didn't like it. Then my son bought me Sims 3......I didn't like that either. Gave it to my grandson.....that was about 3 years ago.
Lately, my son moved near me and I was watching what he was doing in the Sims 3...I realized I was wrong about the game and decided to buy the base game. That was just 3 weeks ago. I now have the base game, World Adventures, Night Life, and Pets. I am HOOKED!!!!   LOL

I have become obsessed with World Maps. I even downloaded the World Maker...but, my computer just won't let me use it :o(
After downloading 4 different Maps, I finally found one that I really love. It came with nothing but the mountains, trees, beach, and dirt roads.


OK.... now I have downloaded Ambisions and Outdoor Living Stuff. I LOVE Amazon...lol

Here is my first Sims 3 lot I made. I call it Tiger Falls :o)


2 comments:

  1. Awesome Aunt B!!!! Love your Sims 1 maps and would love to have your Sims 3 maps!!!

    Drac :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't give up on the Create-A-World program, especially if creating those worlds is something you think you'd really like. I don't know what kind of computer you have but sometimes you have to adjust it a little if it is newer. Some of my programs I have to make changes in Control Panel>System>Advanced System Settings>Performance>Data Execution Prevention....Select "Turn on DEP for essential Window programs and services only. (FYI, I have Vista) Also, there is a program called CFFExplorer that allows you to change the .exe for programs to accept more than 2G RAM. AND, you can right click on the .exe and choose to Run As Administrator...sometimes that fixes things. And most importantly, you need to make sure that you've patched your game fully. When you are just starting out, that is difficult AND you can't count on EA to do it for you automatically through the Launcher, even though that's the way it's supposed to go. There is a program called Sims 3 Patch Installer that should be helpful. There is also a cumulative patch out there that will bring you up to date from the beginning. I believe the latest patch is to 1.39. Open your Sims 3 Launcher and hover over the Sims 3 icon in the lower left corner and it will tell you what version of the game you have.

    It's too bad you didn't get into the Sims 2 - I hated leaving TS1 (and remember your stuff well) but, once I got into the game, I didn't go back. The same has pretty much happened with the Sims 3...especially with the new EPs giving us Pets and, soon, Seasons. I would try checking the patches first and, if you are up-to-date and still having CAW troubles, try the other stuff I mentioned. Also, Google for the Sims 3 cheat codes - it will help with building, although the building is limited as compared to TS2!

    ReplyDelete